California Northstate University College of Pharmacy (CNUCOP) is a new pharmacy college dedicated to educating, developing, and training individuals to provide competent, patient-centered care.
CNUCOP offers a progressive educational program that emphasizes active learning, direct patient care experiences, and the role of research in advancing the profession of pharmacy. The goal is to graduate highly skilled pharmacists who improve the well being of their patients, who contribute to the scholarship and research of pharmacy practice, and who promote the expanding role of pharmaceutical services in the health care system.
To advance the science and art of pharmacy.
To innovate active learning strategies in educating students and practitioners, advance the practice of pharmacy, and improve the health of Californians, and beyond.
Core Values Goals
The following goals will help us accomplish our mission:
- An academic program that fosters critical thinking, problem-solving, clinical reasoning, and self-directed learning skills.
- An experiential program that progressively develops student skills, attitudes, values, judgment, professional behavior, and expertise in patient-centered care.
- Graduates who attain effective oral and written communication skills.
- Graduates who use technology to support life-long learning, research, and practice.
- A research infrastructure that promotes collaboration, innovation, and discovery.
- A faculty engaged in discipline-related research and other scholarly activities.
- A faculty development program that nurtures and supports a learning-centered curriculum and the scholarship of teaching.
- Faculty engaged in professional and community activities.
- A continuing education program responsive to the needs of alumni, pharmacy practitioners, and other health care professionals.
- Student participation in professional organizations and community projects to learn skills needed to be an advocate for the profession.