The Pharmacy Practice PGY-1 Residency Program at California Northstate University College of Pharmacy in association with Sutter Health Sacramento Sierra Region Hospitals will welcome two pharmacy residents in July of 2014. The residency program has received full accreditation from the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) in April of 2013. This is a unique opportunity to enter into an academic career while maintaining a very fulfilling clinical career in pharmacy.
California Northstate University College of Pharmacy is located in Rancho Cordova within the greater Sacramento County, a few minutes from the California State Capital. Within a 30 miles radius, there are four major and excellent hospital systems that collectively offer a vibrant healthcare professional community and a desirable job market. Our area lies in one of fastest growing regions in Northern California. Great schools and cultural diversity make our cities attractive to all. Additionally, terrific restaurants, shopping, outdoor recreation, and close proximity to San Francisco and Lake Tahoe make the Rancho Cordova area a desirable place to reside.
Program at a Glance
The CNUCOP PGY-1 Residency Program is a one-year postgraduate program.
Some of the goals of our program are:
- To provide a preparatory foundation of academic teaching.
- To advance the clinical skills of the resident in a variety of practice settings.
- To enhance the resident's knowl-edge of the managed care system, including designing and implementation of both pharmaceutical care and management programs.
Some required rotations (*) and possible elective rotations are listed below:
- Academic Teaching*
- Pain Management
- Drug Education
- Hospice / Palliative Care
- Infectious Disease
- Inpatient Acute Care*
- Primary Care*
- Toxicology: California Poison Control Center
- Pharmacy management and Infomatics
Salary and Benefits
The following benefits are available for each of the 2 pharmacy practice PGY-1 resident positions.
- Salary: $45,000 per annum, paid in bi-monthly pay periods
- Vacation: 10 days per year
- Holidays: 7 per year
- Insurance: medical, dental and optical benefits, and sick leave
Paid educational leave and travel support for attendance at selected in- state professional meetings and trainings.
Qualifications for Acceptance
All applicants must meet the following criteria in order to qualify for acceptance:
- Recent graduate from an ACPE accredited college or school of pharmacy
- A strong desire to enter into a career in academic teaching or precepting pharmacy students.
Eligible for licensure in the State of California.
- Demonstrate motivation, knowledge, and aptitude necessary for successful completion of residency training.
The following application procedures and documents will be required to complete the application process:
- PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application)
- ASHP Residency Match Number
- Curriculum Vitae
- Official transcripts sent directly from the applicant's college or school of pharmacy
- Three letters of recommendation sent directly from the applicant's recommenders
All the above documents must be received by PhORCAS before January 10, 2014.
Submit to: PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application) for your application to the California Northstate University College of Pharmacy
Learn more about PhORCAS at www.ashp.org/phorcas
We look forward to your application.